St. Vartan Church Alapars
The village of Alapars was refounded in 1828-30 by immigrants from Maku and Khoy.
The St. Vartan church or Vardanavank is one of the main churches of the village. It was built in 901 AD and rebuilt in the 19th century although it is hard to tell what was originally standing and what was part of the restoration. The church is built of rough basalt stone, and the bell tower at the southern entrance is made of polished tuff stone.