top of page
St. Hovhannes Church Yerevan
The 18th century St. Hovhannes Mkrtich (Saint John the Baptist) Church is located in the historic Kond district of Yerevan. It is only a short walk from anywhere in the center of town.
The church was built in 1710 with the support of Melik Aghamal, replacing a medieval church that was ruined from an earthquake. It is a triple naved domed basilica.
bottom of page